Tuesday, October 23, 2012

TMI Tuesday #3


It's that time again!

(Btw, I haven't forgotten about the Bird's Halloween costume... it's just I don't have a brain. I bought all the supplies to make her costume last week, completely ignoring the fact I was getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday. Um hello? Do I have a brain? No. But I'm truckin' along on it and hopefully will be done soon.)

Okay, back to it. 

This week we will embark on TMI and also an embarrassing fact or two. 

A couple weeks back, a group of girls went to Applebees. 
See? Here's the napkin. 
Proof.

It just so happen that about 99.99% of the group was pregnant. 

Weird!

Not really.

The topic started moving that way, because it always does, and before you know it we're talking about
 self checking. 
to see.
how. 
far.
Dilated.

You read that right...  
Self-checking.

Um. What? 
(Say "what"accenting the "h"... that's how I'm saying it)

What?
What?
What???!?!

I was totally confused. 
How does that even work? I asked.
How would you know what it's suppose to feel like? I voiced.

So my friend, being the dear she is, flipped that napkin over and drew me this little beauty:
 Darkest circle? 
Mucus plug
And I'll stop there. 

If we ever have another baby, "self-checking" will be yet another thing to add to the list of things I missed the first two times around...
  

The embarrassing thing was how many questions the table was asking, considering almost all of us had at least one baby. 

I have two kiddos.
Sunshine 
and 
The Bird
And I am grossly uninformed about the anatomy and biological process of birth.

I just wait for
"She's at a 10!" 
and start pushing.





um...TMI!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I just posted the hugest comment ever and now it's gone. Dang it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'll try again..... I totally read you what, What, WHAT'S!?! out loud (accent on the H, of course) That being said, I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SELF-CHECKING! Nor has it ever occurred to me to try such a thing. That is definitely something I missed out on the first 4 times around and WILL be missing out on the 5th, 6th, 7th and however many more times there may be.. Yikes.

    I think I saw your husband the other day. I've been thinking about you and thinking that our families should probably hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is GERMS!!!!!! Hello, People! have you thought of the amount of germs you are introducing into your body? Because I am pretty sure not every household in America has medical gloves on hand. But, come to think of it, they should!!! For many reasons. And yes, I have heard of this. A close friend of mine has her husband check her twice a day the last two weeks, and after OB appts, for comparison.
    Not. a. fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I have been waiting for this one. Fab-o!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ewe - dont these pregnant women know you are not supposed to check yourself??

    ok tmi and ill admit - i woyuld check my cervix to help know when i was ovulating when trying to get pregnant but would never do it just to see if i was dilated. yuck.. germs..infections.. etc!

    there are so many women who want to check themselves cause theyre anxious to know but its def very muvh frowned by drs.

    ReplyDelete